Sunday, January 4, 2009

About Jennifer; Jenny from the block (of LA via Mayberry)

I'm Jennifer and so excited to have a blog to let my thoughts and emotions run free. I wrote in a journal until the last couple years. Now I don't like to because I am afraid that my husband will read it. Not because he is so awful and I have horrible things to say, but at times I need to vent and wouldn't want him to think my vents are constant feelings. Usually they are more hormonal whims.

Lately I've been really stressed. I am a SAHM, but I was a career woman before and fiercely independent. I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with Miss A, but at 10 months old and a bundle of energy, I feel like my days are Groundhog days in which I entertain her and don't even get to a shower. Last month I noticed that I was drinking almost every single night when my husband got home. Not much I guess..... I can barely get through 1 glass of wine in 3 hours with her. But I was- am- craving it and wanting it just for the release. It makes sense because that's how I always dealt with stress.

I also have about 7lbs. left to pre-baby weight which, admittedly, was a few lbs. over my happy place to begin with. So for new years, I started the South Beach diet again. That's addressing 2 issues at once- the weight as well as the booze crutch. =)

This is probably what you will read most about from me: My husband issues, baby issues and the attached guilt to that, losing the baby weight and oozing hotness, the college class I am about to start next week in my quest to finally obtain my bachelor's degree. 1 class at a time.... almost there. And probably a bit about my faith. I was Catholic, now I'm Jewish. Now you probably really understand why I want to drink and why I feel so guilty about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment